- A Proof of Free Will
- Hard determinism is self-refuting, in that the existence of
free will follows from a necessary presupposition of rational thought,
along with obvious auxiliary premises.
- The Primacy of Existence and
- The Objectivist Theory of Free Will:
- The Ayn Rand
Institute awarded me first prize for these two essays in
their 1995 essay
contest for graduate students.
- Do Modal Claims Imply the Existence of
- A criticism of David Lewis' mad theory of possible
worlds. Relies heavily on the
analytic/synthetic distinction. Written for a graduate seminar
in Fall, 1994.
- What Is the Mind/Body Problem?
- A short explanation.
- The Philosophical Complaint against
- A seminar paper from 1992, on the theory of emergent
metaphysics/philosophy of mind).
- An Argument against Nominalism.
- A brief criticism of resemblance nominalism.